You can integrate your online calendars with timesheets in Rocketlane to automatically add events as a timesheet entry. This integration will save you time by automatically adding the details for your timesheet entries.
How to enable Calendar Integration for Timesheets?
How to add your Google Calendar to Timesheets?
If you use Google Calendar, you can quickly add events from your calendar as timesheet entries in Rocketlane.
Click on the 'Add from Calendar' button on the 'My Timesheet' page, and you will be shown all the events from your calendar.
If you are using this for the first time, you will have to authorise Rocketlane to access your Gmail account. You will be prompted to sign into your Gmail account. Click on the 'Sign in with Google' button.
Click on the 'Allow' button to allow Rocketlane to do the following:
- View all events on your calendar.
- Save and download any calendar your can access using your Google Calendar.
How to add events to your timesheet from your Google Calendar?
Once you have authorised Rocketlane to use your Google Calendar, you will be able to add events like customer meetings from your calendar as timesheet entries in Rocketlane.
- Click on the 'Add from Calendar' button on the 'My Timesheet' page, and select the events that you would like to add to your timesheet for the week.
- If the attendees of the meeting are invited to a project on Rocketlane, we will automatically select the project associated to the calendar event.
If not, you will have to select a project to associate the event to, or choose to attribute it to a 'Non-Project Activity'.
- Once you have chosen the Google Calendar events to add to your Rocketlane timesheet, Click on the 'Add Activity' button at the bottom right of the page to add the events as timesheet entries.
- The duration of the event will automatically be added to the time entry. If the Calendar event was blocked for 1 hour, the time entry will be recorded as 1h 00m on the same day of the event.