When establishing workflows, you face a choice between applying the workflow universally to all projects or tailoring it for particular projects. Workflows that are applicable across all projects can be configured as global automations. On the other hand, workflows designed for specific project types can be established as templates from which these specialized projects are created.
Short on time to read? watch video here.
Now, to set up global automations,
Navigate to your avatar and click on settings
Scroll down to the Advanced section
Select the New automation button
Click on Blank slate
A step-by-step guide to setup to create an automation rule
Name the rule
Trigger this rule on: Select the type of trigger to fire the rule. It can be a project, phase or task that this automation rule should be triggered on.
Choose a trigger: Based on the type of trigger you choose, the list of triggers will appear to the right. Choose from the list.
Action block 1: An action block consists of conditions and actions.
Add condition: Click to add conditions and in the pop-up, choose the matching condition as “ALL” or ANY.”
Next, Add one or more condition filters and click save.
Add an action: To add an action, simply click the button and specify what the system should do based on the rule. This can include updating project status and fields, including any custom fields you may have created.
Note: You can add more than one action that needs to be performed by the rule.
Rearrange and delete actions
- You can re-arrange actions inside an action block using the sort icon
- Click on the cross mark to delete any action
Action block 2: You can have more than one action block set up for an automation rule and use one rule to perform a set of actions if the predefined conditions are met.
1. It's important to note that the execution of action blocks is typically linear, meaning that each action block is processed one after the other.
2. If any action block encounters errors or exceptions, it might affect the subsequent blocks.
Under More actions:
- Click on the three dots near the action block
- Choose to duplicate and edit an action block
- Click delete to delete an action block