In Rocketlane, you can organize team members into groups based on certain criteria like the region they belong to or the department they work for. Using groups, team members can have access to the information they need, to complete their everyday tasks, without being overwhelmed with irrelevant details.
For instance, when managing global projects, it might be necessary to limit access to project details from different regions, like the US and EU. Rocketlane's group feature enables you to do just that, ensuring that team members only have access to relevant information. It ensures that team members can work efficiently, with the right people having access to the right information.
In this article
- Creating groups and adding team members
- Assign groups to team members
- Associating project visibility to groups
- Associating project and task fields visibility to groups
- Associating group access to permission sets
Creating groups and adding team members
To create groups and add team members to them, you can follow these steps:
Navigate to your avatar and select "settings."
Go to the "Accounts" section.
Select "groups" and click the "new group" button.
Name your group and start adding team members.
You can filter the team members you wish to add by region. For example, you can select the region as "US" to filter only team members who belong to the US region and create a group with them.
You can bulk-add team members, to do so,
Click the three dots near the group and select "add team members in bulk."
Add the email addresses of the team members separated by commas or spaces.
Click the "add team member" button.
Assign groups to team members
Lean more about inviting team members here.
When inviting team members, you can associate them with groups. Additionally, under the "Team Members" page, you can edit a team member's profile and associate them with a group.
Associating project visibility to groups
When creating projects in Rocketlane, you have the option to restrict the visibility of your project to team members belonging to a certain group only.
Learn more about creating projects here.
To setup project visibility after a project is created,
- Navigate to projects
- Select the project to make changes
- Select the settings icon and go to project visibility
- To the right, setup the visibility to groups and team members and select the group from the drop-down
Associating project and task fields visibility to groups
You can control access to a section of project and task fields by restricting visibility to team members and allowing it only for members belonging to specific groups.
- Navigate to your avatar and select settings
- Scroll down to the fields section and select project or task field that you wish to restrict
- Click the settings icon near the field section you wish to restrict
- Set the visibility for viewing and editing and select the preferred group and save the changes
Associating group access to permission sets
Learn more about creating and managing permission sets here.
By providing group access to team members, you are enabling them to manage projects and related task fields based on the project's visibility and their group memberships. This will help ensure that everyone has access to the right information, while also maintaining data privacy and security.