This help document introduces you to SSO and IdPs and how to configure SAML SSO for Rocketlane using Google IdP.
What is SSO?
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication method that enables users to securely authenticate with multiple applications and websites by using just one set of credentials.
What are Identity Providers (IdPs)?
An identity provider (IdP) is a service that stores and verifies user identity. IdPs are typically cloud-hosted services, and they often work with single sign-on (SSO) providers to authenticate users. Some examples of IdPs are Okta, Google Workspace and azure AD.
Creating a SAML SSO App Integration using Google
- Go to admin.google.com and login through your Google admin id. You will be redirected to the Google Admin Console.
- From the Google Admin Console go to Menu > Apps > Web and Mobile apps.
- Click Add app > Add custom SAML app.
- Under 'App details' add App name, Description and App icon. Click Continue.
- The 'Google Identity Provider details' page displays the SSO URL, Entity ID and Certificate.
Authenticating Google Identity Provider details with Rocketlane
- From your Rocketlane account, go to Settings > Security.
- Click on the 'Setup SAML SSO' button.
- The 'Setup SAML SSO' dialog box opens at the 'Configure SAML Single Sign On' page.
You have to add details from your IDP to this dialog box.
- Copy values from the 'Google Identity Provider details' page to your 'SAML SSO setup' dialog box in Rocketlane according to this table:
Google Identity Provider details page Rocketlane App: Configure SAML Single Sign On SSO URL IDP Login URL Entity ID IDP Entity ID Certificate X.509 Certificate
Note: After copying and pasting the certificate, please delete the header and footer.
Authenticating Service Provider details with Google
- Click Next from the 'Setup SAML SSO' dialog box in Rocketlane.
- This will take you to the 'SAML Configuration for your IDP' page.
The Service Provider details mentioned here will help to authenticate with the IDP.
- Click Continue on 'Google Identity Provider Details' page.
- The 'Service Provider details' page opens.
This page allows you to add the Service provider details to authenticate the SAML app.
- Copy the Service Provider details from Rocketlane to Google's 'Service Provider details' page.
Rocketlane: SAML Configuration for your IDP Google: Service Provider Details page Rocketlane's (SP) Entity ID Entity ID Rocketlane's (SP) Login URL ACS URL
SAML Attribute mapping
- Click Continue from the 'Service Provider details' page from the Google Admin console.
- This will take you to the 'Attribute mapping' page. Click 'Add mapping' under the Attributes section to add a new mapping.
- Select the following values to add mapping:
Google Directory Attributes App Attributes Primary email Primary email username
- Click Finish.
- You will be redirected to the SAML app that you created using the Google Admin Console.
Adding Users to your SAML App in Google
- Under the 'User Access' section , click on 'View Details'.
- By default it opens at 'All users in this account' page. You can select 'ON for everyone' option in case you want everyone to have access to your SAML app.
- Or go to Groups and search for a user group and select it.
- Select the 'Service Status' checkbox which says 'ON' and click Save.
Logging in to Rocketlane using SAML SSO
- Go to your Rocketlane login.
- Choose the 'Sign in with SSO' option.
- Enter your credentials in the Google page. You will be redirected to Rocketlane.
Hey! Here's hoping that this support document was useful. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article