This help document introduces you to SSO and IdPs and how to configure SAML SSO for Rocketlane using Okta IdP.
What is SSO?
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication method that enables users to securely authenticate with multiple applications and websites by using just one set of credentials.
What are Identity Providers (IdPs)?
An identity provider (IdP) is a service that stores and verifies user identity. IdPs are typically cloud-hosted services, and they often work with single sign-on (SSO) providers to authenticate users. Some examples of IdPs are Okta, Google Workspace and azure AD.
Creating a SAML SSO App Integration using Okta
- Login to Okta. In case you do not have an Okta account, create one.
- From the left Nav bar, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click on the 'Create App Integration' button.
- In the 'Create a new app integration' choose the SAML 2.0 option and click Next.
- You will be redirected to the 'Create a SAML Integration page' on the General Settings tab.
App Name: Give your Organisation's name.
App Logo: Give your Organisation's Logo.
App Visibility: You can choose not got display the app icon to users and in the Okta Mobile app through these check boxes.
Click Next after setting up General Settings.
- In Configure SAML tab, provide dummy urls for these fields as these fields are mandatory.
Single sign on URL
Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
- Continuing in the 'Configure SAML' tab, scroll to the 'Attribute Statements (optional)' section.
Add an attribute. Add email as the Name and choose the Value as user.email
- Click on 'Add Another' and add the attribute Name as username and choose the Value as user.email
- Click Next.
- In the Feedback tab, choose if you are a customer or a partner. Click Finish.
- You will be redirected to your App's Integration page.
- From the Sign On tab, scroll and go to 'View SAML setup instructions' from the right side of the screen.
- This will redirect you to the page: How to Configure SAML 2.0 for Your Application. You will need these to configure SAML on Rocketlane.
Authenticating SAML with Rocketlane
- From your Rocketlane account, go to Settings > Security.
- Click on the 'Setup SAML SSO' button.
- The 'Setup SAML SSO' dialog box opens.
- Copy values from the page: How to Configure SAML 2.0 for Your Application to your SAML SSO setup dialog box in Rocketlane according to this table:
How to Configure SAML 2.0 for Rocketlane Application Rocketlane App: Setup SAML SSO Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL IDP Login URL Identity Provider Issuer IDP Entity ID X.509 Certificate X.509 Certificate
Note: Do not copy the Header and Footer while copying the certificate.
- Click Next. The 'Do you want to enable SAML SSO' dialog box appears.
- Go back to the Okta window and go to General > SAML Settings > Edit.
- Click Next for General Settings.
- In the 'Configure SAML' tab under the 'SAML Settings' section provide:
Enter Rocketlane’s (SP) 'IDP Log in URL' for the 'Single sign on URL' field.
Rocketlane’s 'IDP Entity ID' for the 'Audience URI (SP Entity ID)' field in Okta window.
- Click Next and then Finish in Okta.
- Go back to Rocketlane and choose the option: 'Yes, Enable now' from the 'Do you want to enable SAML SSO' dialog box.
Adding People to your SAML App
- From your App Integration page in Okta, go to Assignments tab.
- Go to Assign > Assign to people.
- In the Assign your app to people dialog box, click on assign next to the username.
- You will be asked to confirm the username. Click Save and go back.
- Notice the username that you assigned says Assigned now. Click Done.
- Notice that the assignment has been added to your Assignments list.
Logging in to Rocketlane using SAML SSO
- Go to your Rocketlane login.
- Choose the 'Sign in with SSO' option.
- Enter your credentials in the Okta page. You will be redirected to Rocketlane.
Hey! Here's hoping that this support document was useful. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article