You can add phases to your project by importing a Project Template from the Project Plan .
- Go to Create project phase > Import templates.
- The Import template dialog box opens.
- Add a prefix in case you want to differentiate between pre-existing and imported project phases. The imported project phases will have the prefix added to their names.
- Choose a Project template.
- Assign a Start date for the project template.
- The Due date will be auto-populated based on the total duration of the project template.
- Click Add another template + in case you want to add multiple templates.
- Click Next: Preview.
- You can view all the project phases that will be imported with the project template along their respective Start dates. You can expand each project phase and preview the tasks for that phase.
In case of Dynamic Conditions being set to the template, only those phases and tasks will be imported whose project fields meet the dynamic conditions.
- Click Import to import the project template to your current project.
- A new Baseline is created upon importing a template in a project. You can view the new baseline from the Timeline view in a Project under Baselines.
- Upon hovering over the new baseline you will get a tool tip indicating when was this baselnie created and because of which template import.
- You can click on the edit icon next to this baseline's name and edit this tool tip further. You can also delete this baseline from the dialog box.
You can rename the baseline to add context about how the old timeline has been recorded before the template was imported to the project.
Hey! Here's hoping that this support document was useful. You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries.